1931 showed up on Ebay

Home Page Forums General 1931 showed up on Ebay

• This topic has 35 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by .
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author

This just showed up on Ebay, thought it might be a nice car until the color combination hit me, and then I saw the velour interior…yikes….

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1931-Pierce-Arrow-Berline-7-pass-/152498178301?hash=item23819988fd:g:l1YAAOSwmgJY4~1U&vxp=mtr

This car, with the other cars offered by Seller, were on e-Bay at least once before. If this interior is disturbing, look at the interiors of the Lincoln and the Cord, and the others.

Elvis would be proud :)

Mr. A., “disturbing” is a good word for it! I know colors are a matter of taste, but tasteful colors are a matter of sense….

Just remember, it’s more than likely this car will eventually be sold, and attend a PAS meet. So, I shall be kind and hold all comments………but it IS killing me. 😀

Yes, Ed, I thought about that, so will apologize in advance to the new owner….it may be a really good car, but since I’m upholstery sensitive (a trimmer disease), I just see too many cars where the fabric seems to come from JoAnnes Fabric Store or similar. The labor is the huge portion of putting in a new interior, so to skimp on material seems a waste (although, as mentioned, judging from the other cars it seems to be this collection’s downfall, maybe not skimping, but making non-authentic choices)

No worries Dave! The car does tend to grab ones attention compared from what we are use to looking at. I agree with the upholstery comments. I think shush unusual colors may keep regular PAS people from the car……..”but one never knows!”

The Pierce is pretty drab compared to the seller’s Auburn.

I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear the last post over the color of that interior.

Yowza….that hurts, on many levels…. now I know what staring at the sun feels like….

It could be returned to a state of dignity: paint and upholstery… it would be a great “before and after”” project.”

Shock and Awe! At least you won’t have to search for it in the parking lot? Maybe it’s an anti theft device? 😉

More like an “anti-sell”” device…”

Is it not possible that Pierce Arrows might have appealed to flamboyant individuals when they were new? and when they are restored?

Sure, you could order a new Pierce pretty much anyway you wanted but there is a pretty small market for Liberace style vehicles.

I’m sure these cars will find a new home with satisfied owners.

And if these cars sell below market because of their ‘look’ hopefully their new owners will rapidly grow an appreciation for Pierce Arrows and feel the need to buy more PAs.

A good friend of mine is 100% color blind. I showed him the listing and he said, looks fine to me. Goes to show there might be a few buyers out there.

Probably some nice cars, if the seller is willing to discount somewhat so that new owner can tastefully do upgrades.

If seller wants high dollar because they’re “classy”, then that’s another story. I believe these cars have been for sale for a while.

There’s nothing wrong with painting or trimming your car as you see fit, and you enjoy, but when it comes time to sell (as it always does), then choices can help or hurt you in sale price realized….

My ’31 phaeton was green with khaki fenders, and when the gentleman who restored it in 1960 upholstered it, he did so with heavy green vinyl, because it would last longer than leather. I loved the car and hated the colors, thus it’s now slightly different…

A little “raging pink” on the upholstery is an excellent way to

deflect a potential buyer’s attention away from other short-comings.

Maybe personalized art (tattoos) on cars we wish to dispose of, would

endear them to younger hobbyists?

Speaking of tattoos, how about a nice little Tramp Stamp right above the trunk?

Ha!

I was going to add maybe a “Trump Stamp” but wouldn’t dare post it……………

Well, then again, why not. Please notice I did not speak in favor or against, just trying to have some fun. 😇

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.