1931 showed up on Ebay

Home Page Forums General 1931 showed up on Ebay

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Remember the 2001 Buffalo meet when a nicely restored ’34 Production Silver Arrow showed up in SCREAMING PURPLE!

Thankfully, it’s no longer that color.

Bill

Bill: The “Screaming Purple” car now belongs to Bill Parfet, has been refinished in black and resides at the Pierce-Arrow Museum.

The then owner of the “screaming purple” car was sitting next to me at the 2001 banquet. He’d just spent big bucks on the restoration. I doubt he’s still in the Society, when the “best of show” (or PAS equivalent) award was given to another car, owned by a well known member, he pounded his fist on the table in anger and said “g-d it, I’m just going to sell the s-o-b, can’t take this good ole boy judging”….

That owner was from the Chicago area and I heard stories about the car bouncing around a few restoration shops before it was completed. I never heard any details but I can imagine that there may have been some resistance to his color choice. I don’t remember if there were any authenticity issues with the interior.

I think it was restored in Havana.

As in Cuba or Illinois?

I recall seeing the car while it was in it’s “Barney Phase”” and being astounded as to how wonderful it looked at the 2012 Kalamazoo meet after repainting. Congrats to the owner on its rescue.”

I know what the Cuban cars look like, can’t comment on the Illinois version except there is no noise in Illinois except in Chicago and that is one loud interior.

Wasn’t the Parfet car previous the Wes Cadman Silver Arrow? It was a two tone green if my memory serves me well.

Ralph, the Wes Cadman Silver Arrow was two shades of gray (pale and paler), but with orange wheels. It was a beautiful restoration but has been on the auction block almost a dozen times since 2000.

George,

Is that the one that Mark Hyman brought to the Springfield Meet in 2005?

Bill

The Silver Arrow owned by Bill Parfet was previously owned by Erwin Shakin of Northfield, Illinois.

Bill M, yes, the Cadman Silver Arrow was acquired at auction by Mark Hyman about Jan 2005. He showed it at our Springfield, IL meet in 2005 and had it for sale at Hershey later that year. I examined the car closely at both venues. I think Roger Mayer was the last owner before Hyman. The car subsequently sold at auction at Boca Raton in Feb 2006.

The reason I know about that part of the car’s history is that it was a comp when I was negotiating the purchase of my Silver Arrow.

I always liked that car.

And then there’s the other one.

It lacked only a “Barney”” vanity plate”

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.