2015 Annual Meet

Home Page Forums General 2015 Annual Meet

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author

We are staying a few extra days in Buffalo. This morning we went by the 1930’s P-A showroom, now a First Niagara Bank. The outside is covered with scaffolding while they are repairing the tower so it is hard to see the exterior. We talked to the security guard inside about taking photos and got a guided tour of the showroom, still with its 1930’s era fixtures and floor, along with the 1932 P-A 7 passenger sedan in the showroom window. It is nice that the bank is preserving the building.

Yesterday we went by the old factory, and ran into some other PAS members, to look around. We ran into a gentleman that has a video studio inside the office building and he let us wander a portion of the building. He said it is all chopped up and that we would only be able to access the area where his studio is. White painted concrete block inside, very stark. The photo is of the stairway after entering the building.

We also walked around the factory grounds. It is starting to fall into disrepair. Unfortunate.

The photographed was photographing!

Facing Elmwood at the factory, World War One memorial for fallen P-A employees

Can’t reach the clutch…yet

Across Elmwood from the factory…shot & a beer anyone?

During Saturday’s show on the street in front of the Buffalo Transportation Museum, we met many nice people, some thanked us for visiting Buffalo, others related stories of their Grandfathers or Great Aunts who worked at P-A, it was a very positive and memorable experience.

Another photo of our 1601 at the factory with the PAMCC in the frame.

Another angle of Tony Zappone’s 1601 convertible sedan.

All the pics are amazing. Thank you !!!

Additional Buffalo News photos posted at this link

http://galleries.buffalonews.com/default.aspx?id=4626#/0

There are some nice shots centered around the cemetery in the link posted by Mr.Blair.

Claire and I enjoyed the meet immensely. From the hard tour on Thursday, to the cemetery tour and everything else. Even the banquet which so often presents an ordinary menu: this meal was superb. I particularly salute our new president, Richard for the memorable and swift execution of the Saturday night activities. Thanks to Kevin, Julie and committee for the wonderful planning for the whole week. We had two grandchildren and my oldest stepson Marc, from Thursday through the conclusion and departure on Sunday Morning. I was most touched by the number of people from Brockport who came to visit me, and all of our Pierce-Arrows on Saturday. Sadly, I could not remember some of their names, but this comes as a matter of course at my age. So many nice people admired the cars, and my car seemed to attract so much attention, that at times I was embarrassed, and somewhat overwhelmed. Toward the end, I referred people to the laminated little story that I put together, because I was too hoarse to speak. Even our hotel, which is not the squeaky spic and span facility we would prefer, had the greatest bunch of employees that one could wish for. They strived so hard to please, that it was touching. That along with a great shower, fluffy towels contributed to a great week also. God willing, next year in Texas.

Very nice comments Tony, and I agree the committee did a great job!

Darwin Martin house, built 1904-1905 by Frank Lloyd Wright

Thank you for all the photos. They are fantastic. :)

Thanks to all you came to Buffalo to celebrate the 58th Annual Pierce Meet! We enjoyed hosting the Thursday evening dinner and Saturday’s show at the Buffalo Transportation/Pierce-Arrow Museum. Pierce-Arrows are always welcomed “home to Buffalo.” Special thanks to Kevin Curtin, as chairman, for his extraordinary work to coordinate all of the events in Buffalo.

http://www.pierce-arrow.com

There’s a nice article on the meet with numerous photos in today’s Hemmings Daily e-mail. Here’s a copy & paste link:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/08/03/full-classics-glitter-at-the-2015-pierce-arrow-society-meet/?refer=news

A big thanks again to the meet committee that pulled off another successful annual meetup at the place where all our Pierce vehicles started new. My 3,200 mi journey was complete with this shot.

Here is a photo of the missing historical marker. A photo I did take in the beginning of the 1990ies as I visited the factory to see if they had some parts for my car…

Oivind,

Thank you for posting this photo from your visit in the 1990’s.

This historical marker has either been moved or has gone missing from the “1695” North-end of the admin. bldg., we did not see it during last month’s National Meet.

There is a private NY foundation which coordinates the placement of New York State Historical Markers, this may be a future option if in fact the marker in your photo is missing. Stu

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.