Motorette engine, man, am I happy!

Home Page Forums General Motorette engine, man, am I happy!

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Engine photo…..

Another….

Another…..

Another……

Dave,

When you get it and start it maybe you can post a Youtube Video of it running

so we can hear it run.

Ken

I will post a video, it will be a little while before I get it…although it sounds like I might need to go up there with the High Sheriff of Hampden County to get it away from Ed!! I wish now the fellow I got it from had taken a video, he ran it briefly on a Model T carb….

That engine is in spectacular shape!

It has to be one of the most well preserved pieces of early Pierce history you’ll ever run across.

Even if you found a Motorette it would be shame to hide that engine inside a body.

Old business, I know, but wanted to publicly thank Ed Minnie for caretaking and finally bringing this little 6HP engine to me. I finally was able to hug it this past weekend, thanks to Ed!

Will see about getting it running again and get a video to post. Would like to use the original Holley Brothers Longuemare carburetor that came with it, although it looks to be in nice condition, don’t know if it’s functional.

What a beautiful little engine and a great find! This engine is part of a historic chain of engines of the De-Dion-Bouton family.

There was a Motorette participating in the London-Brighton Run in 2015 when I was there. Beautiful little Car.

Keep sharing!

RR

Just amazing that an original engine so old could be found in such good condition!

I may have mentioned this, it came out of a large marine engine collection in the Northeast, and I believe it may have powered a small boat at one time….another collector acquired it, having no interest in car engines nor knowing what it really was….he was educated on what it came out of, and decided he’d rather get it back into the automobile community as it wasn’t marine related…I was very fortunate to be in the right place at the right time…

My congrats, Dave!

It is wonderful to see such a marvelous artifact in truly appreciative hands.

I learned a lot from your carburetor lecture also.

Roger

David,

Now you will have to build a launch to give rides at P-A Meets! A

period captain’s cap should be your next acquisition.

T. C.

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.