Optima Red Top 6V Battery Deal!!

Home Page Forums General Optima Red Top 6V Battery Deal!!

• This topic has 23 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by .
Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Peter,

Thank-you for putting this deal together!

Terry Ernest

Thanks, Peter! I ordered a pair to replace the 14-yr-old Optimas in my 1930 roadster just in case… :-) Very easy ordering, immediate shipment, and their confirmation of order and shipping advice were also near-immediate.

In a previous thread I mentioned that I use a pair of Optimas in parallel for my 8-cylinder Pierces primarily to handle the charging deficit when driving at night. The 6V Optimas have a Reserve Capacity (RC–essentially the same as Ampere Hours (AH)) of only 100. Group 3 wet cell batteries with which 8s were originally equipped had a 140 AH capacity and the group 4s used in 12s had 165 AH. The only time you need a second battery is for prolonged night driving due to the 25A generators used until late 1934.

I’d like to add that a pair of Optimas fit nicely in a Group 3 (8 cyl) or Group 4 (V-12) battery box without modifications to the box.

HI Peter,

Thanks for checking on a tire deal for PAS members, I would suggest giving Stan Lucas of Lucas Tire and Wallace Wade of Wallace Wade Specialty Tire a chance as well. Both Stan and Wallace are PAS members.

Happy Motoring,

Rick

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.