PAS National Meet-Rohnert Park, CA.

Home Page Forums General PAS National Meet-Rohnert Park, CA.

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

I guess I need to start growing facial hair. Glad y’all (I guess since there several of you, it would be the plural of y’all or all y’all)

Did you see Alfred and any of his birds in Bodega Bay.

I was reduced to going into the garage and fondling my long stroke PA block.

Continue to have fun.

We had a GREAT week! Thanks to all the planners who worked so hard; big success in our book!

Not only had a great time, but learned a lot, and met a lot of new people. Hanging on one more day to attend the Hillsborough Concours, then back home on Monday.

Jim Oshner’s and Bob Jacobson’s cars at the Hillsborough Concours.

A small portion of the Pat Craig collection.

Some of the Pierce-Arrows at another private collection.

Keep the pictures coming.

As someone that lives in Calif and wasn’t able to attend, you have no idea how much it pains me to have missed this meet. :(

But retirement is about 5 years away and I will be a regular attendee no matter the location.

Bob Jacobsen and his merry band of worker bees, deserve a Congressional

Award or at least a parade worthy of a winning sports team, for pulling

off their second successful Meet in short succession. Bob’s efforts mirror

those of a fine Lady from Georgia.

Well put Tony, I agree 100%!

This was our first meet and we are looking forward to our next meet. Everyone was great and made us feel very welcome.

It was *so* much fun! Met great new friends and saw magnificent Pierce-Arrow automobiles.

As a newbie I was constantly encouraged by PAS generosity! Just wonderful!

Don, We enjoyed having you ride along. Good luck on finding a car of your own.

Ken and Twila, It was great meeting you.

Dave

Dave,

We enjoyed meeting you and the other fine members. We are looking forward to our next meet. Twila has decided that she wants to learn how to drive our Pierce Arrow.

Ken

I live in Rohnert Park, and joined the PAS as a direct result of this event. I’d been a member of the PAS FB group since March, and a PA aficionado since seeing one for the first time when I was a boy over 50 years ago. It was a once-in-a-lifetime treat to see all these wonderful automobiles spending a week in my neighborhood. I have posted my photos that I took in the hotel parking lot and at the show on the lawn to the FB group, and hope you enjoy them.

For those of you who went to the Charles Schultz museum, the docent mentioned that if any question could not be immediately answered, just fill out the question on one of their post cards and they will get you the answer and mail the card back to you. Well, I am always asking questions, and I finally got to one our docent did not know. Since Charles Schultz was such an avid hockey player (and built an ice rink on his property so he could play anytime) I was wondering what position he played (see post card for the answer).

Robert

I realize this is a silly and meaningless question, did the red ’34 convertible sedan come out of Michigan about 35 years ago?

I have in my files a picture of a car that looks just like that, it was for sale in the 1980’s and I almost bought it….silly me. That was back in the days when you had to put a picture in an envelope and mail it to the interested party. Hard to believe we survived, isn’t it?

Just curious…..

AS we get older, we all have stories.

I was at the San Francisco airport, I used to travel a lot for the food company I worked for, in fact, all over the world, and parts of Georgia.

Standing in line for boarding, which of course is boring as it gets, I turned to the lady behind me and made some inane comment. We started talking, and she asked why I was in California. Well, I said, I’m working in Sacramento, there’s a Crystal Creamery there that my company bought, and I’m doing a complete renovation of the plant.

She was semi-interested, and as we talked, I mentioned the absence of rain in the area, and how all the grass around the plant had turned brown. Being from Louisiana, and living in Virginia, it may be difficult to understand, but I’m used to lots of rain and lots of green.

She told me that that’s why it’s called Golden California, the brown grass looks gold in all the sunlight. Wow, I never thought of that. And, I think, she was saying it tongue in cheek.

We finally got to the point in our conversation that I had to introduce myself. Hi, David Coco, she said hi, Jean Schulz. I smiled, and, having grown up with the Peanuts strip, said something like “oh, like the Peanuts fellow”. She smiled back and said, yes, I’m his widow…..

She was a delightful conversationalist, and I like this memory….

Hi David,

If you are referring to my red 1934 Convertible Coupe (not sedan), we bought it in Detroit in 2007, and immediaately drove it 600 miles to the the Williamstown MA Meet. After some repairs at John Cislack’s, we put it on the truck for CA, where we’ve put a bunch more miles on it.

Cheers,

Bob

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.