sandblasted and ready for body work

Home Page Forums General sandblasted and ready for body work

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

What is the average miles found on the 29’s. Do most of them go over 100k?? My car had 65k on the odometer. I did see a pic of a car owned by some pilot that drove his for several hundred thousand.

The average mileage on a 1929 Pierce Arrow can vary from the 240000 miles on my roadster to probably a million miles.You need to be careful how you straighten anything on the frame as these Pierce Arrow frames were heat treated and you do not want to use heat or acid dip.Make sure all components are well cleaned as the sand will cause premature wear.Did the love tap affect the frame? How much wear does the engine show?

Hi William,

The frame was uneffected thank goodness. The engine shows 65,000. All indications indicate that 65k is correct.

Your archer has a bent arm.

Hopefully he can be bent back into shape without causing more damage.

Craig,

Thanks, I hadn’t noticed that. Im sure it would have shown itself as the arrow was attached. Hopefully, it won’t take much to make his shooting arm true.

This is what they did to the frame moments after After I left for work. It was sealed with some rust stuff and then primed on top of that. Everyone was rightly concerned that the bare frame would start to gather moisture and start rusting.

Since this pic, they have taken the additonal components off the frame for full dissasembly.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.