The ultimate barn find – A REAL V-12 OPEN PIERCE.

Home Page Forums General The ultimate barn find – A REAL V-12 OPEN PIERCE.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Well with all the fake junk cars being offered for sale, I thought I would post this car just to cheer everyone up. I wish all the barns I looked in had cars like this. It’s a unknown 35 V-12 roadster. It’s a real correct numbers matching car. Found in the West where it was sitting in a barn/garage where it had been since the 50’s. The car has been used hard and needs everything, bit it’s ALL THERE. Things missing in the photos are still with the car. Car has been cleaned up and started. You couldn’t ask for a better project. It’s not cheap, but no world class unknown open cars are. In my opinion it the most significant Pierce that is new to the club in more than 20 years. Call me if you have an interest and I can give you more information on this GREAT car.

Another shot.

Another.

Another.

Interestingly, it was thought that the car was a 1933.

Last one. Keep looking…….THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE!

Please do not post or share the photos outside the PAS. Thanks, Ed.

Ed,

WOW, what a find!

Peter

Daily Planet????????????

Ed,

That is an impressive find. You are quite the sleuth.

Robert

Lovely proportions! Is this Lois Lane’s roadster?

As you said, it is rough but what a great piece to start a restoration with.

Finding another one will be like looking for hen’s teeth.

Wow, what a great find and a great car…thanks for the pictures, man, am I wishin’….

Ed,

What is the asking price and were is the car located?

Rich, send me a direct email, I’ll give you all the info. The car isn’t mine, belongs to a friend. My best, Ed.

It’s be great if Rich got it, and we could follow the restoration! His posts on the ’29 have really livened up the forum, thanks RL!!

This is a car we all want when we grow up, but can rarely afford. Ed, I noticed the engine block and heads are green. With any luck, (don’t laugh, David Coco), I hope to get my ’29 engine back soon. What color should it be? When I disassembled it, many parts were black. Chime in please, PAS gurus.

I’m wondering if the present condition of this car, including what looks like from here, 1934 front fenders, is still hiding evidence of its first colors? If it was originally orange and Delft blue, then this is one of the cars exhibited at the New York Automobile Show.

Bob,

You were asking about the correct engine colors, so I thought to post a pic of what my Series 80 engine bay looked like when I purchased it from my Uncle Joe’s estate.

His Uncle Joe worked in the PAMCC factory and was the Supervising Foreman of the Grishold Rear End section of the plant.

He bought it a few years old from the PAMCC, around 1928, but somehow I do not think that these were factory colors.

I hope you do a better job than did Great Uncle Joe.

Peter

Hello Ed, I am a fan of late series Pierce-Arrow cars, and this one is about as good as it gets. I can’t tell, for sure which type rim is on the car. Rolled edge or beaded edge? Share some information please.

Al

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.