The ultimate barn find – A REAL V-12 OPEN PIERCE.

Home Page Forums General The ultimate barn find – A REAL V-12 OPEN PIERCE.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Bob & Melanie Coates

When we took the 29 engine out of my DC Phaeton, it was black. Im goin going to be painting it black again. I have also seen dark green.

Rick

Ed,

I did send you an email. will you please check your email address that is connected to your link on this site. I will try to send another.

Thanks, Rick

The updates on the 29 should be starting up again in a few weeks. Im excited for the mechanic to get back. The body and fenders are 95% stripped to bare metal. Second batch of chrome should be back any day. All the wheels where shipped out for total reubiuld. Brakes done, Tranny done, rear end done, exhaust done, harnes done.

The old boy is on its way back!!!!! It will be 65 years since this car ran. Im psyched.

Whats the oldest restart of a non rebuilt engine that anyone knows of????? Oldest for rebuilt engine too?

Upon disasembly, my engine could not hold compression in two cylinders. The carburator was filled with cycilcone. (everyone scratched their head trying to figure that one out) Rick

I’m sure not the oldest restart, but some of you will remember the ’36 club sedan 8 that I had at Hershey, 5 years ago, maybe a little more? It had not been run since 1953, and with no disassembly other than dropping pan to clean, was started, ran, and driven onto Red Field….soliciting the comment from one young lady, “That thing doesn’t LOOK like it should run….”””

…and ’36 as it was first seen as I drove onto the farm property…

David, that was fun to see on the field at Hershey.

It’s amazing it went on it’s own.

Thanks for sharing.

Richard I would do your engines in the green. Contact member George House his 1929 coupe has 10,000 original miles on it. It would be a great guide to use as a correct example while you restore your car.

Rick has a factory ad in color for a 1929 engine. Head and pan black, block light blue, and transmission yellow. Modest chroming of certain parts. I painted my car the same and no one objected. (1930 Model “C””).”

That is a way cool picture!!!!! Love it

All the paint on the engine was original. I will follow the black that was used.

The ads showed the tranny as yellow, but my tranny apears as it was bare metal its entire life. Not sure on this one????.

Rick

Original engine pulled out!

Either black or green is correct. The under hood appearance of the green motor looks and shows better than the black engine. If you’re going to compete looking for a trophy the contrast makes the engine compartment much more attractive. I believe in doing everything as correct as possible. But I also believe in taking advantage of any aesthetic improvement you can make without destroying authenticity. I also think the green engine improves resale value just due to the contrast under the hood.

My engine compartment has a lot of chrome (vacuum lines, water jacket cover, oil filler cover, etc.). Too much chrome looks a bit much. Ed, what color is the green, and does Bill Hirsch or anyone else have it? Rick, my tranny has a natural bell housing with black trans case. The date on the case is March something, ’29.

I still can’t seem to figure out how to dumb down the photos using this latest version of Windows so they can be sent out to the forum. Will work on it tonight and see if I can send some.

Tranny. All original bare metal

I know the red cap is not original. The mechanic did that just to mess with me.

Ed,

I have written you three emails to get the info on this car. Here is my email. [email protected]. Please write me with price and location.

Thanks, Rick

Ed Minnie

Once again, I am writing you on this site becuase the email you have listed on this site must be incorrect. No response in over a week.

How much is the car and were is it located? Here is my email once again. [email protected]

Rick

I suggest you call John at the Pierce Arrow Parts Store (413-543-9017)and ask about Ed. I understand Ed and John are basically in the same place.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.