Winter Time Projects & Photos.

Home Page Forums General Winter Time Projects & Photos.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Ed,

If you want, send me the S/Ns of the cars and I can look them up on the tables I have from Bernie, just to see if they have a PAS history.

BTW, NICE Pierce Ice Chest! Cool find, very cool!

Good choice on the positive earth Sprite for a daily driver, Jak. Mine’s a pos-earth 1965 BRG Jaguar S-type saloon. (Always wanted to own a saloon.) As my winter project I just re-installed the right gas tank after pulling it and shipping it off to Texas so Tank Renu could work their magic. Drove it this morning and nothing leaked or blew up; always a good sign. Tucson has a very active British Car Registry that has at least 3 tours each month. Here it’s shown in the middle visiting a restoration shop about 5 miles north of the Mexico border.

G’day Tony—-Sure is a nice lineup of English cars. Your Jag a good saloon indulgence. I like your attitude to “No leaks-No blowups””!!One thing with Pommy cars is the “”looking over the shoulder”” thing waiting for something to go wrong!! To be fair though the problems were always down to us when we were young with VERY thin wallets!!! Italian cars are even more “”over the shoulder”” prone!! My 1927 Lancia keeps me always in high anxiety on long runs. The designers back then must have drank lots of red wine while at their drawing boards!!—Jak.”

The ice chest will be serving cold drinks this summer at the PAS meet in Rhode Island. Then it will be off to the Pierce Foundation Museum for it’s forever home. Ed.

Well done Edgar!!–Jak.

Ed,

Kudos and thank you. The ice box will make a great addition to the Museum.

Happy Motoring,

Rick

I’m still working on my 1909 Model 24. Having the radiator rebuilt, which is taking too long, and then will mount the body and make adjustments in the hood, fenders etc. Slow…..but oh, so, worth the wait.

Richard, car looks great. What’s the early car in the background? Ed

The car in the green cloth cover is a 1907 Anderson Highwheeler and the chassis to the right is a 1903 Rambler RET single cylinder. Totally original and complete, it is a true time warp preservation. Wish I was going to live to be about 300 years old so I could finish all my projects.

Richard

If you discover the 300 year old formula would you PLEASE publish it on our Message Board. We all have an abundance of projects & a dearth of time! The other thing we old car people lack (As Gene Rodenberry said) “Space the final frontier””!!! Cheers—jak.”

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.