OPTIMA 6V Red Top Battery Deal

Home Page Forums General OPTIMA 6V Red Top Battery Deal

• This topic has 44 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by .
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Ben, that is a great way to use an Optima battery but still maintain the period correct look should your battery be visible.

Here is the battery charger that I have had great luck with.

http://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-SC-1200A-CA-SpeedCharge-Automatic-Battery/dp/B000BQSIWK

Ben,

Thank you that is a great option at an affordable price.

Ken

Gents,

I do not wish to diminish Ben’s find because it is NEAT.

Keep in mind that most battery boxes are concealed beneath floorboards and are not viewed for judging.

That battery case is a great product, but it is for SHOW and NOT for GO!.

From my perspective, there is an advantage to running two OPTIMA 6V batteries, even f one is not connected and kept as an emergency spare.

I would rather have the spare / dual connection than a COOL looking GO box.

Peter

Like David, I bought two Optima 6v batteries and one is flat dead and the other one works fine. The difference as said before that you should not let them die, keep on a tender or disconnect from the car, or both.

I did neither on the dead battery and both on the other battery that is working fine.

Fortunately, Optima shows a 3-year replacement. But you need the receipt. Since I bought these on AMAZON, they keep receipts.

I am trying first pairing it with a charged battery and a low amp charger and can coax it back into life. Some chargers will not charge a flat dead battery, must have some juice to be able to cook!

Another cause for Optima failure can be seen with 12V units in cars that have a constant low level draw like a clock or computer. The early computer controlled cars of the ’80’s & 90’s are particularly susceptible.

Conversely the 12V unit that I use for a starter on my non-charging system 1912 Hudson has performed fine for 8 years with a single annual charge with AGM charger.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.