The OPTIMA DEAL IS ON – 15 APRIL to 15 MAY!

Home Page Forums General The OPTIMA DEAL IS ON – 15 APRIL to 15 MAY!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Author

I most likely will not take advantage of this deal this year but I wanted to thank Peter for all his hard work every year to make this deal happen.

Gents & Ladies,

I contacted Optima Jim on the matter and he cannot replicate the problem, so PASS THE WORD that ordering TWO and THEN ONE, may be the only way to make THREE.

Peter

I was to receive my battery today but it has been derailed. Here is the statement I received from UPS.

A train derailment has delayed delivery. We’re adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.

Ken

Gents,

This discussion / notification has been on the Message Board for 7-days and there have been over 400 views (repeats included – like ME).

I wonder how many OPTIMA 6v Red Top batteries were bought because of it?

I trust that I will get a total shortly after 15 May.

Cheers,

Peter

The delivery was supposed to be on 4-20-2018 and then I got the same train derailment message from UPS that said it would be delivered on 4-23-2018. The batteries (2) were actually delivered yesterday 4-21-2018.

I got a message yesterday that my Battery will be delivered on Monday. It is at the UPS Center in Santa Maria now. I am looking forward to getting it and starting the Pierce Arrow this year.

Thank you Peter for putting this great deal together.

Peter,

UPS delivered our battery this afternoon; thank you for again leading this promotion for the PAS.

Stu

Thank you Peter,

I received my battery this evening. I will have it in the Peirce by this weekend.

Ken

Question: Can these batteries be shipped to PO Box?

Ken,

I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t be shipped to a PO Box. It would be like any other package.

Ken

Batteries are usually considered hazardous material and are subject to some shipping restrictions depending on contents. For example, a department store cannot ship cologne through the US Mail system as it is considered a flammable liquid. Ran into that problem once with Nordstrom.

They are delivered via UPS.

Can UPS deliver to a PO Box?

Mine arrived yesterday. Thank you again Peter and Optima Jim.

Robert

I asked the question about using a PO Box for delivery not because of problems with UPS, but due to the fact that the battery would be considered a hazardous item and might not be accepted at the Post Office. I started maintaining a PO Box near my office years ago mainly for ordering stuff online. After trying to battle with UPS for several years, I hit on a trick that works. I have the parcels shipped to me, at the physical street address of the post office, showing my box number. Works perfectly. UPS hates delivering to the post office as they’re trying to force you to rent one of their boxes at one of their stores. They can’t refuse to deliver this way tho.

I asked the question about using a PO Box for delivery not because of problems with UPS, but due to the fact that the battery would be considered a hazardous item and might not be accepted at the Post Office. I started maintaining a PO Box near my office years ago mainly for ordering stuff online. After trying to battle with UPS for several years, I hit on a trick that works. I have the parcels shipped to me, at the physical street address of the post office, showing my box number. Works perfectly. UPS hates delivering to the post office as they’re trying to force you to rent one of their boxes at one of their stores. They can’t refuse to deliver this way tho.

That’s one heck of an echo.

But a great tip.

Thanks!

Didn’t mean to hit the button 4 times. Computer was acting up.

Didn’t mean to hit the button 4 times. Computer was acting up.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.