The OPTIMA DEAL IS ON – 15 APRIL to 15 MAY!

Home Page Forums General The OPTIMA DEAL IS ON – 15 APRIL to 15 MAY!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Gents,

How are the OPTIMA orders & deliveries going?

No need to repeat your receipt of the battery (batteries) or pleasure on the Deal, however, new post are appreciated.

I post this to keep the DEAL Up Top on the Message Board, so excuse me if I seem more “whatever”” than usual.

I just want the DEAL to be noticed by those who do not frequently visit our Fabulous Message Board.

Peter”

Is there a way to ‘sticky’ posts like this so they stay at the top even with no new replies?

I know other boards have this ability, not sure if the software this board uses can do that.

I ordered my batteries today and as I suspected, they do not deliver to PO Boxes. I had them sent to my church, they should be safe there!

Lord Willing!

EIGHT-DAYS TO GO!

Well, one of the two arrived today. Package is clearly marked 1 of 2. Hope the second shows up tomorrow. Plan on installing them next week. Take a day off work and go over the car for the beginning of the season.

Well, again the first battery was delivered Tuesday rather than Wednesday as scheduled, and the second was not delivered today. UPS shows 2 packages. The driver left one on the doorstep at church and rang the bell to let them know there was a package. UPS will not let me file a claim yet.

Again no luck with the missing second battery. Contacted Optima and asked them to trace it.

Kenneth,

Don’t you have a Tracking Number?

If so, you should be able to find the status of the package on UPS.com.

Peter

Gents,

The DEAL IS DONE on Tuesday 15 May @ 12:00 Midnight.

Get your Red Hot – Red Top while the Deal is Hot!

Peter

Peter, to clarify, I ordered two batteries and they were shipped in two packages. I only received one. I had them sent to my church as they are the only people home during the day that could accept them. Normally, I work around UPS’s no delivery to PO Box rule by using the physical street address of the post office where my box is located, followed by the Box number, and the post office cheerfully accepts packages for me. I have been doing this for the last ten years. I did not use this address for the batteries as I assumed there might be some hazardous materials labeling on them which would preclude the post office accepting them. Upon receipt of the one package, there was in fact no such labeling and I should have had them shipped to the post office.

That being said, I checked the UPS tracking site and it shows two packages, and delivered status. Unfortunately only one was delivered. I contacted Optima on their website and asked them to track the missing battery since UPS would not allow me to institute an online claim. I have found UPS to be a very unreliable carrier in the past and avoid them whenever possible.

Great News! The missing battery has been found. The people at Optima responded immediately and found that there was a second tracking number on the second battery. What is not clear is why the battery has been sitting in a terminal at Hodgkins, IL for a week. In any event, looks like its close to resolution. The people at Optima were wonderful!

I procrastinated long enough….Order 2 batteries this morning.

Why put off until tomorrow when you can wait an entire month. Thanks again for the great deal on the batteries.

Unfortunately still have not received the battery. It’s now showing at UPS terminal within walking distance to the delivery address, but no updates, not out for delivery, and they will only speak with the shipper about the status. Frustrating. Typical for UPS.

Ladies and Gents,

Well, the 2018 OPTIMA DEAL IS DONE.

Congratulations to all who snagged One, or Two or Three!

I have OPTIMA Jim on my calendar and next Spring we will see what he can do for the PAS in 2019.

Ken – I trust that your dilemma will soon resolve.

Cheers,

Peter

Did everybody take their heart medicine? I don’t want anybody to have a grabber! The second battery finally arrived today! I thought the original idea was to put the batteries in the car and go touring. Looks like the battery decided to go touring on its own. Wound up in Chicago, Bedford Park, Cincinnati, and back to Franklin Park, IL. Hope it enjoyed its tour!

Now your battery is more well traveled than your Pierce. :)

Good to hear you got the battery.

FYI – I finally pulled the trigger and sent Optima Jim a email late yesterday even though I don’t really need one at the moment.

Got an email back early this morning, used the code today and it worked!

My extra 6v Optima is on its way.

Looks like I will be using 2 Optima batteries in my battery box as others have done or I will give it to my cousin that is restoring a ’24 Chrysler roadster.

Thanks again, Peter, for putting this deal together.

Peter: what was the tally on how many batteries were shipped ?

Greg Long

Kenneth, Good News! YEAH!

Craig, You are welcome!

Greg, DK as yet, will advise as I know.

Peter

Karma…..my batteries arrived this afternoon and the plan was to install them over the long weekend. So after dinner my wife suggests a ride for ice cream in the Pierce. Guess what car in the lot gave one slow crank over and then nothing. Yep, the 5 year old battery had enough. Never gave a warning. Luckily I was back in the corner on high ground to keep away from the uneducated who would give me a door ding. Crossed my fingers and let it roll and eased out the clutch…fired right up and drove it home.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.